Today’s Weird Wednesday post comes to you from my current city: Okpo. I was minding my own business and walking down the sidewalk, when I noticed this posted on the window.
It’s no small secret that Koreans like to party. With soju. The thing that gets me is that they like to do this
every night a lot. I’m always curious to know how they deal with the hangovers with working for a full 12-14 hours the next day. Maybe this is my answer?
If I ever get to the point
that’ll never happen where I feel the need to see if Haejangguk soup actually works, I’ll let you know.
Patricia over at her adorable little blog The DIY Frenchie awarded the ‘Liebster’ to me. Liebster is a German word meaning ‘favorite’ or ‘beloved, and this award is usually given to inspirational blogs..
Unfortunately I had already received a this award, but since I have a ton of new followers, I decided to answer the questions anyway! :) Who doesn’t love a little questionnaire every now and then?
First of all, 11 facts about myself.
1. I love people watching. I know it sounds super creepy, but I love ponder why people are the way they are.
2. I haven’t regularly drank soda since 2005. I have it occasionally (like once every 2 months) if it’s all they have at a restaurant.
3. I have a pet rabbit named Jazz (we thought he was a SHE, and then Derik found out one day that he was a HE). Unfortunately he was already responding to his name when we found out. So now he just has a girly name. Sorry Jazz.
4. I have the wanderlust bug. Usually I’m just wanting to travel somewhere tropical and soak up my very white german skin…but lately I’ve been drooling over Europe.
5. My diet consists of 90% fruits and vegetables. If it wasn’t for my hubs that’s all I would ever eat.
6. I can read Korean. I’m terrible at speaking it, but at least I can say enough words to keep my students in order.
7. One of my biggest pet peeves (and a deal breaker) is when a person is ‘fake,’ or they feel like they have to be like someone else to gain attention. Trust me, I’d much rather hang out with someone who is 100% real with me.
8. My least favorite household chore is vacuuming. It’s the worst.
9. I graduated Magna Cum Laude in college with a double major and working 3 jobs.
10. I’m a list person. Even if it comes down to the most mundane of tasks- if I have a list and finish everything, my day has been made.
11. I haven’t used shampoo or conditioner on my hair for a month and a half. I use just baking soda and vinegar…this is called the ‘no-poo’ method. My hair has been growing like CRAZY! Check out my roots. Also, this picture was taken like two seconds ago, so you can be sure that my hair is looking quite normal.
On to the questionnaire from Patricia!
1. What is your favorite candy? It’s a huge toss-up between Haribo gummy bears and Starburst jelly beans. I really couldn’t decide if it could save my life.
2. Favorite season? Spring. Most definitely Spring! I love the flowers, the green, the weather…everything!
3. Gold or silver? Silver for sure. Growing up I always thought gold jewelry looked weird on me because my hair was gold. Even now it’s hard for me to bring myself to wear it.
4. What is your biggest pet peeve? People chewing with their mouth open, smacking, and slurping.
5. What is your guilty pleasure? Chocolate, chocolate, DARK chocolate.
6. Your philosophy on life summed up in one phrase: You only have one life. Are you living it the way you want to? The way God designed you to?
7. What does your life look like in 5 years? Travel, travel, travel. I’m hoping for the next five years that Derik and I can spend quality time traveling and continue living here in South Korea making money as well.
8. Three things on your bucket list? Ride in a hot air balloon, learn a foreign language (working on it!), and eventually have children.
9. How old were you before you stopped believing in Santa Clause? I never did. :) Thankfully I had parents that didn’t like to lie.
10.Favorite beauty tip? Use two different mascaras when you coat your lashes. For some reason the two mixed together form longer, fuller lashes.
11. Best book you’ve read recently: To be honest, I don’t read. The last book I read was a year ago, and that was The Hunger Games.
Thanks for the nomination!