1. The week started out with live music, drinks, and a ton of fun with my awesome friend Deanna. I’ll be sad when she leaves in June (although she’s not wasted any time with her countdown till ‘America’), and will be taking applications for a new going-out buddy.
2. The ‘mogis’ (mosquitos) have pledged an all out war with me this year. In one night alone I had 9 bites on my right arm. That’s just counting the bites on ONE arm!!! Derik and I have taken extra precautions to make sure they stay OUT of our house. If something doesn’t change quickly, I’ll be eating garlic by the clove.
3. My trusty 350w blender of 4 weeks decided to call it quits on Wednesday. I was not amused. Especially since I was making a double batch of mango-banana-spinach-yogurt-chia seed smoothie. I promptly replaced it with a shiny 600w (three times more expensive) ice crusher blender. It also comes with a two year warranty. Take that old blender, you suck.
4. My husband and I decided to make tortilla pizzas for dinner on Wednesday night. There’s quite an art to making the ‘perfect’ pizza, one that includes a crunchy tortilla crust. Unfortunately my husband forgot he had the crust in the oven. After ten minutes we found out what happens if you leave a tortilla in the oven too long.
5. I’m thoroughly enjoying the nice weather. I’m thoroughly enjoying the colors popping up all over the place. I’m thoroughly enjoying the great views I get to look out on every day.
6. My husband has a motorcycle obsession. We spent the first year riding around on his dinky 125hp (he fixed that up to look like a million bucks), and now we’ve almost graduated to riding his Yamaha (about 3 times the horsepower). He spends every moment working on it…even if that means working in his suit.
7. I’m not much of a snacker, but I’ve been hooked on this tasty treat. One of my students introduced me to this crunchy, chip-like version of ramen, and I can’t stop eating it! You can find this starchy snack of nothingness in four flavors: chicken, bulgogi (my favorite), chili pepper, and hot meat (? not sure it shows a spicy hot dog on a stick).
8. Meet the cutest boy you’ve ever laid eyes on. His name is Kevin. Last year I had a boy at my old school named Kevin and he was equally cute. I can’t get enough of this little 3 year old. I just want to hug him all day.
Ok, that’s it for pictures…but if you haven’t heard: this week I’m co-hosting a worldwide giveaway!!! Go enter now for tons of free stuff from around the world.
What have you been up to ‘Lately?‘ (aka go link up your blog)