I’ve been converted. I used to shy away from Korean beauty products due to my belief that whitener is put in everything. Took me two long years to realize this is not actually the case. I learned the Korean words for ‘whitening’ and ‘bleaching’ and went on my merry little way to the makeup store. And then to another, and another and another. Wouldn’t you know it, after a while the ladies in the store closest to me now know my name.
Here’s the deal. Some say Korea (and other parts of Asia) is 12+ years ahead of the States when it comes to makeup technology. That’s not something to shrug off. I dove head first into the Korean makeup world when I bought my first CC cream, Angel Aqua. I was a little freaked out at first that the cream color comes straight out of the bottle sky blue, but it quickly changes color to match your skin tone as you apply it to your face. The cream not only color corrected my face (what CC stands for), but it left it amazingly soft, light, with great coverage, and I didn’t feel like I had anything on at all! That’s when I knew I was hooked.
I’ve been buying CC cream for everyone and their mother, and I’ve even ventured into the world of bases and BB creams! I knew I couldn’t hold out on my readers, so some of my amazing sponsors from February-April went in together with me and we bought you guys the mother of all makeup kits. The best part? These products are straight from Korea! I tried to pick out things that work for almost all skin types and colors, but if you win and something doesn’t work, it’ll be a heck of a re-gift for someone else eh?
This giveaway will be open internationally as I will personally be mailing it out to you myself! Feel free to research and check out the products, but I’ve tested most of them and I can tell you they’re pretty amazing! Good Luck!
p.s. Let me know in the comments if there is a certain Korean beauty product you’d like me to review on my blog while I’m still here!
1. Herb Dressing White Honey Foam Cleanser- Yeah kind of a funny name, but this cleanser is gentle on your skin and has a wonderful smell!
2. Skin Makeup Base +Primer- With a greenish tint, this base will help camouflage the redness yet prime your skin for the layer of foundation/color you’ll add on next! It makes your skin super soft!
3. CC Cream – Also known as ‘color corrector’ cc cream lives up to its name hiding your blemishes yet keeping the weightlessness of tinted moisturizers. You’ll love it! This particular CC cream comes out white and then blends beige to match your skin tone.
4. Water Gel Tint – This is a brand new product that just hit the shelves this week. Lip tint however isn’t new to Korea, and kind of knocks the socks off of any sort of long-lasting lip product back home. It doesn’t dry out your lips, and that color is there to stay. All freaking day!
5. Cover Pot Concealer – I tried concealers on in the store for 20 minutes, and none matched the power of this little pot! A little goes a long way, and it doesn’t rub off easy! Goodbye trouble spots!
6. Bam Bam Tint – I’m so in love with lip tint I had to get you two. This one is a dual product: one end you have the tint, and the other you have a gloss. A popular look right now is to just add the tint to the insides of your lips leaving them with a sort of ‘I ate a cherry popsicle look.’ I’ve tried it out because it’s so popular here! I love it, although I’m wondering how long it’ll take to get around to the rest of the world.
8. Base Mascara – Have you ever heard of this stuff? I’m wondering if it’s the latest and greatest thing. You know how we try forever and cake on so much mascara just to get longer fuller lashes? Well this is your solution! Yet another product I want to go immediately back to the store for to buy myself.
9. Mix and match mono shadows- Korean eyeshadow is the best. It’s pigmented, goes on smoothly, and stays on all day! I got neutral colors, and I’m in LOVE with the golds, roses, and pale pinks!
You haven’t lived until you shop at a Korean beauty store. They readily hand out all sorts of samples, and sometimes they’ll even give you full-sized products! I had to include a few of my favorites just for fun’s sake. You’ll have everything from masks, eye cream, wrinkle cream, face sunscreen, to CC cream samples and snail emulsion (what is that?!).
Now that I’ve got you drooling over the loot, before you enter, you should probably take a moment to mentally (or maybe physically) thank the giveaway hosts!
NOW TO ENTER (rules and regulations):
1. Enter as many different ways as you choose! You can enter via twitter daily. Remember it’s open INTERNATIONALLY!
2. The more you enter the more chances you have to win!
3. Rafflecoptor will pick a winner at random.
4. Winner will be verified. If the winner cannot be verified, a new one will be selected.
5. The winner has 48 hours to claim their prize after the notifying email has been sent out.
6. If they do not respond to the email within the 48 hours a new winner will be selected.