This coming weekend we are so excited to have Ethan and Sandra come visit us in Geoje! They are traveling all the way from Seosan; that’s about a 6 hour bus trip. We have quite the weekend planned, full of xbox gaming (for the guys) and crafting (for the girls). We also managed to buy 32 Chinese sky lanterns to fly tomorrow night.
Yes, you heard right. We thought that having a few dozen would make the beach trip that-much-more epic, and the pictures would be awesome. Yes, it’s always about the pictures.
We were able to order the sky lanterns online (at that cool site we use all the time called Gmarket) for 800 won, that’s about $ 0.78. We ordered the ‘assorted colors’ pack, and are now the proud owners of pink, purple, blue, orange, green, and red lanterns. Can’t wait to fly them tomorrow!
We’re also adding to the ‘epic-ness’ of the beach adventure by bringing along 10 packs of sparklers. I haven’t ever tried sparkler photography, so Amber and I ventured out tonight and gave it a shot.
We had an absolute blast, and ended up burning through two packages within 15 minutes.
- Grab your camera and set your mode to ‘M’ (manual).
- Set the F/stop to f5.6, and the shutter speed to 4 seconds or more.
- To get some of these shots I set the shutter speed to 25-30 seconds.
- Lower the ISO to 100 or 125.
- You can also set your white balance to ‘tungsten’ for an additional special effect.
Let me know how yours comes out!