Living in Another Language is growing, changing, and becoming the blog I want it to be. For a while now I’ve had this business plan in the back of my head about which direction I want LIAL to go and want to start thinking about the future. In the past I’ve just posted about whatever the heck I wanted to: recipes, beauty, life, blogging, design, and more. I’ve made the decision to turn this space into a full blown travel blog, and with that a comes lots of changes, both to it’s physical look and things behind the scenes. I still have a ton of work I have yet to complete, but I just wanted to get this out there to let you know that you may be seeing a few new things around here, as well as the absence of things that have been on this blog for ages.
First things first, Living in Another Language got a new design! I’m in the process of revamping my pages, but for the most part, the design is finished. I wanted a simple b&w design that featured my content as best it could. After all, that’s what my readers are here for. I also tried to declutter my sidebar a little more. You’ll notice on the right hand side my ‘categories’ are actually drop down menus now to help you explore LIAL a little more and get to know me better if you wish! I’ve also added simple share buttons to the bottom of my posts for easy sharing. I love them because they make it easy for me to share the posts myself when I’m finished writing them! The About page has also been revamped to flow with the new design.
The second major change (outside of the new design) is that I will no longer be offering my sponsorship program. I thought long and hard about this because I really do enjoy meeting new bloggers and trying to promote them the best I can, I just feel like in the future as my schedule gets busier and busier I wouldn’t be able to offer the amount of time and work I had been able to previously give past sponsors. It’s just not fair, especially if you paid hard earned money for a spot. I’m not sure if this will be a permanent thing or not, we will see.
I’m so grateful for my current sponsors, and you’ll be hearing a lot about them in the next couple weeks with their sponsor spotlights, tweets, and the giveaway below! We’ve teamed together to bring you a pretty amazing CASH giveaway-a $240 Paypal cash giveaway! It’s always nice to get free moola every now and again, and with fall (and GASP) the holidays approaching, having a little extra something in the bank account can add a skip to your step!
This giveaway will be the last group giveaway for LIAL, so feel free to enter your hearts out on this one! It’s open internationally, but you must have a Paypal account set up to receive the prize. Make sure you read the terms and conditions below, check out the lovely sponsors, and enter daily! The more you enter, the more entries you have in the pot, and the better chances you have of winning!
1. SarahChristineStyle || 2. This Flooded Sky || 3. Unlocking Kiki || 4. Sky Envy || 5. Ink + Adventure || 6. Let Birds Fly || 7. The College Cosmopolitan || 8. True Colours || 9. The Mosbys in China || 10. Jillian Lorraine || 11. Bristol in my Pocket || 12. The Happy Type || 13. Living in Another Language
The first entry is (always) free, just by clicking ‘enter!’ Terms and Conditions listed below:
1. Giveaway is open internationally.
2. Be sure to actually do what the giveaway prompts say, because I check the winning entry thoroughly to be sure the entry is valid.
3. If the entry isn’t valid I will pick a new winner.
4. Once the winner is validated and emailed, he/she has 48 hours to reply and accept the prize. If he/she does not reply within 48 hours a new winner will be selected.
5. The winner must have Paypal. Once the prize money has been transferred via Paypal, it is no longer Living in Another Language’s responsibility.
6. Enter away! HAVE FUN!